Yes, yes, yes ... I'm aware that "Burke" is not a Persian name. This recipe comes from my friend Sean Burke, and it's a favorite of his.
Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and parsley in large shallow serving bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika. Serve at cool room temperature (not COLD).
- 1/2 long European cucumber (usually shrink-wrapped) or 1 whole Persian or Armenian one, peeled and finely diced.
- 8 plum tomatoes, or 4 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin Italian olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons strained lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- a smidgen of paprika
[Go to the Culinary World Tour Page]
[Go to the Creole and Cajun Recipe Page]
[Go to The Gumbo Pages' Home Page]
[Search The Gumbo Pages]
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)