Thanks to scumbag spammers that I'd like to see boiled alive in a vat of molten chewing gum I've had to disable every email form and previous contact address and move it all to Gmail, thanks to their robust spam filtering. Here's my address:
Email away. I'd be happy to hear from you.
Below is the ridiculously wordy now-10-year-old spammer rant of mine, but I thought I'd keep it up for old times' sake. It also includes some stuff in the yellow box that you should read before emailing me.
* Anonymous emails submitted without a name and proper return email address are unwelcome and will be deleted unread.
* If a week or more has gone by and you're wondering why you haven't heard back from me, please read the sections of my site entitled "When does Chuck find time to sleep, and why doesn't he answer my email, the bastard?". I promise that it'll get read, even if I might not be able to get around to replying for a while.
* (Okay, I must confess that the above point is pretty much a baldfaced lie. It has in the not-too-distant past taken me months to get to it, and some of it even scrolled off without my seeing it. I'm buried under stupid press releases and all kinds of crap at this address, and I really don't want to have to delete this one and start over yet again, but the onslaught of all this means that there were over a thousand unread emails in this box dating back three years when I tried to start cleaning it out recently (summer 2013), and there's a good chance I won't get to any of the unread back ones. I've had to declare email bankruptcy and move on. But I'm really trying with the newer ones, and any email sent to me after July 1, 2013 should get read fairly quickly.)
* If you're writing to ask me to make a custom itinerary for your upcoming New Orleans trip ... I'm very sorry, but I really don't have enough time to do that. All my recommendations are right here, and you're welcome to use them as you like.
* If you're having a dinner party or something similar, and you want me to come up with a custom menu for you ... I'm very sorry, but I really don't have enough time to do that. All my recipes are right here, just like in a cookbook; look through them and make what you think looks good! If you wish to hire me for pay as a travel or menu consultant ... go right ahead. I'm available.
* As always, thanks a million for your patience, cooperation and understanding. I'm really glad you've visited my site.
(Oh, here's where that lovely little email form used to be. It's gone now. Thank the spammers who, on the weekend of September 27-28, 2003, somehow managed to exploit a loophole in the cgi script and use it to send out thousands of spams, many of which bounced back to me, then help me wish them into their own private oven in Hell, where they may slowly roast for Eternity.
How much do I hate spammers? Let me paraphrase AM, the mad computer from Harlan Ellison's story "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream": "Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate spammers since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for spammers at this micro-instant. Hate. Hate." Okay, maybe that's a bit much. But I really hate spammers. A lot. Like ... this much.)Once upon a time there was a beautiful little HTML tag called the "mailto:" tag. It enabled you to create a link when, if you clicked on it, it would automatically bring up your email software with the address already in the "To:" field, so that you could compose your missive to whichever web author you wanted.
Then along came evil SPAMMERS and their evil SPAMBOTS, little robots that'd crawl through a site and automatically harvest your email addresses so that their evil owners could send out millions of unwanted bulk emails trumpeting "MAKE MONEY FAST!" or "WORK FROM HOME!" or "BECOME A MILLIONAIRE!" or "LASER TONER CARTRIDGES" or "FREE PORN IN YOUR MAILBOX EVERY DAY!" And y'know, spammers, I don't want your toner cartridges or herbal Viagra or teen porn or your bullshit 3.5% mortgages or any of the rest of the crap you're trying to sell. Oh, and I really don't need to have my penis enlarged, thank you very much. (Have any of you ever noticed that not one single legitimate product is sold through spam? At least not in my experience.) When I was using my original email address I eventually got hundreds of spams every day, all because I was nice enough to put an easy, simple "mailto:" tag on my pages, back in the pre-Cambrian web era of nine years ago.
As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
I still do have a contact address, as shown above. Email away. I'll be happy to hear from you.
Unless you are a spammer, in which case you can go to Hell. After a public flogging, a month in the pillory and solitary confinement for life. (*hate*hate*hate*)
creole and cajun recipe page | the gumbo pages
search this site