This page is embryonic. Stay tuned for further additions.
I'll provide any links and listings that anyone cares to send in, and I'll write further descriptions of places I've actually been to. Unfortunately, when I go home I usually stay with family or friends, so I don't get to experience the excellent B&B scene in Louisiana. Maybe one o' these days ...
- Barrow House Inn, 9779 Royal, P.O. Drawer 2550, St. Francisville, LA. (504) 635-4791, Fax (504) 635-4769.
- North of Baton Rouge. Two houses, circa late 1700s and 1804. On the National Register of Historic Places. Here's another link to the inn.
- Bienvenue House, 421 North Main Street, St. Martinville, LA 70582. (318) 394-9100. Toll Free (888) 394-9100. Fax (888) 394-9100.
- On the National Register of Historic Places. Approximately 30 minutes from Lafayette.
- La Grande Maison, 302 East Main Street, Broussard, LA 70518. (318) 837-4428, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proprietors Brenda C Fakier (Innkeeper) and Norman Fakier (gardener, plumber, carpenter, etc.)
- Maison André Billeaud Bed and Breakfast, 203 E. Main Street, Broussard, LA 70518. (318) 837-3455; (800) 960-7378.
- Elegant Victorian B&B near Lafayette.
- Maison St. Germain, 425 Berard St., Breaux Bridge, LA 70517. (318) 332-0493, fax (318) 837-9089.
- Built in 1905, restored 1997, and owned by the original family of the builders.
- The Seale Guesthouse, P. O. Box 568, Eunice, LA 70535. (318) 457-3753.
- Fabulous. Wonderful. Quiet. Peaceful. Beautiful.
If you're going to tour Acadiana, you probably couldn't find a better place than this. "Nestled in the shadows of towering pines, the restored turn-of-the-century inn is the perfect choice for an overnight or weekend getaway." Rooms with private baths, suites with shared baths, to a two bedroom guest cottage. Each room features queen-sized beds and is tastefully and beautifully decorated with antiques. Big, old-fashioned galerie (wrap-around porch) with comfortable, handmade cypress rockers and swings.
They're continuing to renovate and expand, and there'll be lots more to offer in the next year or so. They're 2 miles south of Eunice on Highway 13 or just 18 miles north of the I-10 (Crowley-Eunice exit). Personal checks accepted. Highly recommended.
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)