Season crawfish tails in a bowl with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup water or fish stock
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, green part only
- 1 bunch parsley, minced (use Italian parsley)
Melt the butter and add the onions, garlic, and bell pepper, stirring constantly, and cook until wilted. Add the water or stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add the crawfish and simmer another 15-20 minutes.
Add onion tops and parsley and simmer 5 minutes more. Ladle over hot, long-grain white rice.
creole and cajun recipe page | the gumbo pages
search this site
Chuck Taggart email chuck (at) gumbopages (dot) com