- KKJZ, Long Beach, 88.1 FM. California State University, Long Beach. Jazz and blues.
- KRKT, Ventura, 88.1 FM. Featuring rare and rockin' rockabilly, doo-wop and R&B from the 1950s -- the era that gave birth to rock and roll! Webcasting every Friday and Saturday night from 8:05 p.m. to 11 p.m. Pacific time at http://www.palmsradio.com.
- KCLU, Thousand Oaks, 88.3 FM. California Lutheran University.
- Northridge/Los Angeles, KCSN, 88.5 FM. California State University, Northridge. Classical on weekdays 6am-6pm, "AAA/Americana" non-hosted automation 6:30pm-6am weekdays, Americana with live DJs on weekends. No internet stream.
- KSBR, Mission Viejo, 88.5 FM. Saddleback College.
- KXLU, Los Angeles CA, 88.9 FM. Loyola Marymount University. Student-run. Alternative music days, classical most evenings, plus "Alma del Barrio", Latin music, Saturdays-Sundays 11am-6pm.
- KUCI, Irvine CA, 88.9 FM. University of California, Irvine.
- KPCC, 89.3 FM. Pasadena City College, NPR. Friday Night Blues Revue, Fridays 8-10pm.
- San Diego, KPBS, 89.5 FM. NPR.
- KCRW, Santa Monica CA, 89.9 FM. Santa Monica College, NPR.
- KPFK, Los Angeles CA, 90.7 FM. Pacifica Foundation. Politics, news, music, including Roz & Howard Larman's "Folkscene", Sundays 8-10pm.
- KUSC, Los Angeles CA, 91.5 FM. University of Southern California. Classical, plus "Prairie Home Companion" Saturdays 6pm, "Thistle & Shamrock", Saturdays 8pm.
- KVCR, 91.9 FM, San Bernardino/Riverside. San Bernardino College District. NPR. 13 hours per day of classical music on weekdays, including "Performance Today" on weekdays at 10:00 am and weekends at 2:00 pm. KVCR is the only station in the area that broadcasts the program, as well as "Sound Money", a call-in finance program, Saturdays at 8am, and "Sunday Rounds", a medical call-in program Sundays at 11am.
- KSDT, San Diego, 95.7 FMcable, 540AM CC, UCSD dorms. University of California, San Diego. Non-broadast student station at UCSD, on cable radio in San Diego and campus carrier current only.
- KSCR, Los Angeles CA, 98.3 FM. University of Southern California, student-run
- KBLT, Los Angeles/Silverlake, 104.7 FM. Microbroadcasting community radio.
[Go to the Southern California Survival Guide]
[Go to the Other non-commercial radio stations page]
[Go to the Radio Stuff page]
[Go to The Gumbo Pages' Home Page]
[Search The Gumbo Pages]
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)