Saute the vegetables in the butter until the onions are transparent. In a separate pan, saute the shrimp until they've barely turned pink. Set aside in a bowl, then dice the andouille or ham and brown; pour off fat.
- 3 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 lbs andouille sausage (if unavailable, use ham)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 4 - 6 cups bread crumbs
Mix the meat, shrimp and vegetables; add 4 cups of bread crumbs and moisten with the stock. Mix, and add more bread crumbs (and butter, if necessary) until the stuffing is the proper consistency.
Bake at 350°F until done, about 20-30 minutes.
vegetables, side dishes, vegetarian dishes | creole and cajun recipe page
the gumbo pages | search this site
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)