New Orleans and southern Louisiana are blessed with an abundance of fantastic seafood -- from delectable crawfish, shrimp and blue crabs to myriad types of fresh and Gulf fish, and even the now-plentiful alligator, there's something to please just about everyone.
- Chef Robert Bruce's Crabmeat Cheesecake with Pecan Crust, the signature appetizer from New Orleans' fabulous Palace Café
- Crabmeat Mornay
- Chef Goffredo Fraccaro's famous Crabmeat Ravioli from La Riviera Restaurant in Metairie
- Louisiana Lump Crab Cakes with Tasso Tartar Sauce and Corn Maque Choux, from Catahoula's Restaurant, Grand Coteau.
- Stuffed Crabs, a New Orleans classic
- Boiled Crawfish (or crabs, or shrimp)
- Kräftor: How they eat crawfish in Sweden.
- Crab, Crawfish and Shrimp Boil Seasoning
- Crawfish Bisque, perhaps the grandest dish in our cuisine.
- Crawfish Boulettes: little breaded and fried crawfish meatballs
- Crawfish Carolyn, from Christian's Restaurant -- crawfish tails in a rich cream sauce with Parmesan cheese and brandy, finished under the broiler.
- Crawfish Curry with Mango Chutney, from Bayona
- Crawfish Étouffée
- Crawfish Manicotti, from the late Lafitte's Landing
- Crawfish Pasta, inspired by the Jazzfest favorite "Crawfish Monica"®. This dish works well with shrimp, oysters or crabmeat as well.
- Crawfish Pie
- Crawfish Risotto, from Mr. B's Bistro
- Crawfish-stuffed Bell Peppers with Creole sauce, which can also be made with shrimp or crabmeat
- Catfish Courtbouillion, one of the ultimate Cajun dishes, best cooked outdoors over an open fire. Recipe, technique and interview from Marc Savoy, Albert Rozas and Sarah Savoy of Eunice, Louisiana
- Catfish Pecan Meunière
- Grilled Creole-seasoned Salmon, with Tomato-Parmesan Linguine
- Herb and chipotle crusted fish with smoked mushroom aioli and gingered vegetables, from Bella Luna Restaurant
- Parmesan-Crusted Lemonfish with a Sweet Corn Maque Choux, Crabmeat and Summer Truffles, from Chef John Besh of Artesia
- Sweet Potato Crusted Catfish with Andouille Cream Drizzle, from the Red Fish Grill (outside link)
- Broiled tilapia with sweet potato crust and vanilla cream sauce, from the late, lamented Gabrielle Restaurant
- Charbroiled Oysters, as served at Drago's in Metairie.
- Mamère's Brown Oyster Stew in Pastry Shells, from Chef John Folse (via WWOZ).
- Oysters Bienville
- Oysters Carnival, from the late LeRuth's Restaurant
- Oysters en brochette
- Oysters Gabie, from Chef Greg Sonnier of the New Orleans Grill at the Windsort Court, and the signature appetizer of his former restaurant Gabrielle, New Orleans
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Oyster Shooters from The Palace Café
- Oyster Shooters from Uglesich's
Scallops, Mussels, Clams and other Shellfish
- Pan-Seared Scallop on Saffron Asparagus Risotto with Fried Spinach and a Tomato Saffron Broth, Chuck's take on a dish inspired by an Emeril Lagasse creation
- Seared Scallops with Artichokes, a superb dish that's a signature of the Pelican Club
- Barbecue Shrimp, New Orleans-style ... no barbecue pit involved!
- Chef Emeril Lagasse's savory Shrimp and Andouille Cheesecake with Creole Mustard-Tomato Coulis
- Shrimp Remoulade
- Shrimp and Tasso Pasta from Alex Patout's Restaurant
- Shrimp Tchefuncte: Creole-seasoned shrimp sautéed with mushrooms and scallions in a Creole lemon meunière sauce, from the Palace Café
- Shrimp Uggie, from Uglesich's Restaurant. Hot and spicy!
- Stir-Fried Shrimp with New Orleans Rum, Creole with an Asian twist, from Chef Jacques Leonardi of Jacques-Imo's Restaurant
- Jamie Shannon's Tasso Shrimp with Five-Pepper Jelly and Crystal Hot Sauce Beurre Blanc, from Commander's Palace
creole and cajun recipe page | the gumbo pages' home page
search this site
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)