We love sausage, and we make it really well. The sight and aroma of a smokehouse filled with links of andouille or chunks of tasso nearly makes me dizzy. From elegant preparations involving andouille or just gnawing on a piece of hot boudin wrapped in a paper towel, here's how you can have your own Louisiana sausages and seasoning meats, which tend to be very difficult to find outside Louisiana.
- Andouille: Louisiana's famous, spicy, coarse-ground smoked pork sausage. Recipe by Chef John Folse.
- Boudin, Acadiana's pork-and-rice sausage.
- Chaurice, a New Orleans-style Creole sausage
- Creole Hot Sausage: The classic New Orleans spicy spicy sausage.
- Pickle meat, or Creole pickled pork; used to season red beans 'n rice
- Tasso, a very smoky, spicy Cajun seasoning meat.
creole and cajun recipe page | the gumbo pages' home page
search this site
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)