My sister Melissa Willmon provided me with the following fabulous recipe. Thanks, dawlin!
For the crust:
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, or 4 tablespoons, or 2 ounces, however you like to measure it)
For the filling:
For the crust: Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
For the filling: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla till smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust. Lick the spoon and bowl until clean. Feel no guilt.
Garnish with chocolate slivers or cookie crumbs. Melissa says, "When I made this, I used 1/2 cup creamy Jif and 1/2 cup Jif Chocolate Silk. The Chocolate Silk is peanut butter and chocolate whipped together. What could be better?? Enjoy!" What could be better? Maybe Nutella? Oh my gawd ...
creole and cajun recipe page | the gumbo pages' home page
search the gumbo pages
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)