Forget that stuff that slides out of the can, and forget even that stuff you make with fresh cranberries, water and sugar. This'll put a little extra zing on your holiday table.
Combine the first five ingredients, and cook until cranberries are tender and falling apart. Place in a food processor, and pulse with short bursts until the mixture is coarsely, NOT smoothly, puréed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
- 1 quart fresh cranberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 5-10 jalapeno or serrano chiles, to taste
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
condiments | creole and cajun recipe page
the gumbo pages | search this site
Chuck Taggart (e-mail chuck)